Sunday, January 2, 2011

The world's most tasteless noodle soup

...can be found in LCCT, and it costs a mere RM10.50.

Oh hi! Long time no see. I'm great, and you? Ah.. I see. That's good. No, I'm not that busy. Just , you know, going here and there.. What have you been up to? Oh.. Interesting. Uh huh.. Really? I'm excited about the new year too!
.
.
.
.
I love monologues. They keep me sane, though people might think the exact opposite when they see me talking to myself. In case you're wondering, no, I don't want to talk about the noodle soup with 2 pieces of fishballs, some raw onions, blanched taugeh, and no salt. That would be ridiculous. I'd rather talk about the 13 ringgit nasi lemak.

But of course, first thing first (or... third), HAPPY NEW YEAR! New year is the time for contemplating the previous year, planning the year ahead, regretting the past, dreading the future, and putting your own version of 'let this year be a good year for us all' or other generic statement on your Facebook status.

I know. I should tone down the sarcasm and cynicism. Oh, that should be my new year's resolution! Pfft... As if they actually work. Sure, the start of a new year is the perfect time to change, to reflect and learn, to set new goals and gain new determination - in short, to revamp yourself. If only the degree of motivation that we have when we start stays the same throughout the year.. If only we make realistic goals rather than drastic changes.. If only we are more disciplined.. If only I had eaten first before going to the airport..

But hey, life is full of disappointments (and clich├ęs), so live with it. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. For the record, I've made some sort of resolutions too, and I'm challenging myself to stick to the plan. So people, be good, not only at the beginning of the year, but until the next new year.

Now let's end the cheesiness with a cheesy wink! (thank god my plan doesn't involve cutting down on K-Pop)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you too, Farah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lina! Greetings from Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete